Project Accounts Coordinator
Operates as lead resource for all financial accounting of division (Medical Center / Beckman Research Institute / Business Support Services) assigned projects. Responsible for creation and coordination of overall processing and tracking of all financial activity with internal and external contacts related to City of Hope planning and construction projects. Provide financial analysis for project assignments as required under the direction of the Senior Project Manager. Provides coordination of project related documentation and administrative duties as required to support division projects. Project values range in size from $100,000 to $80 Million
The position directly supervises one employee, Clerical Specialist II as required.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, coordinates the work of various departments and serves as liaison between company and consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Manage and process all invoicing for construction contracts and miscellaneous purchase orders. This includes generating the appropriate purchasing change orders as required to adjust contract amounts under the direction of project management. Manage daily coordination of budget to ensure accuracy for committing changes to contracts as required by Senior Project Manager.
- Provides recommendations for budget alignment based on significant knowledge of the project’s financial objectives and activities.
- Coordinates and responds to customer inquiries and requests for information pertaining to modifications of existing or potential contracts.
- Prepares construction contracts and change orders for Project Manager’s review.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Accounting departments to facilitate the processing and payment of vendors in a timely manner.
- Provide advance coordination of invoice values to Accounting for disbursement.
- Responsible for maintaining financial database and other tracking mechanisms to ensure accurate project information. Reconcile cost between accounting and department project tracking information.
- Provide analysis of purchase order/contract expenditure totals and remaining balance to project management team.
- Create and maintain an organized filing system to track clear documentation for internal/external audits and monitor contracts and invoicing for all projects in the project administration department. Coordinate and participate in financial audit activity related to all Project Administration projects.
- Responsible for confirming accurate billing information to ensure it conforms within contracted amounts before issuing to Project team for review and approval.
- Facilitates review process with Project Managers and assures process is completed in a timely manner.
- Research, gather, analyze and summarize data to prepare project status reports.
- Develop logs and track RFI’s, PCO’s, submittals and contingency allocation.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets and budget reports.
- Responsible for developing and documenting project closeout process including coordinating procurement and review of all required documents.
- Supervise clerical support to ensure compliance with department protocols for filing, ordering office supplies and processing purchase orders.
- Manage and track status of required contract documents including bonds, insurance, licenses, lien releases, etc.
- Coordinate and organize documents for department presentations to City of Hope Board of Directors or Committees.
- Provide assistance in department orientation/training of new employees.
- As supported by Senior Project Manager, attends professional development courses internal to COH as well as external.
- Internal Contacts: Interacts with purchasing, accounting and engineering departments. Coordinates review of documentation with internal audit department as required. Also coordinates financial information with the office of Senior Vice President, Facilities.
- External Contacts: Interacts with financial coordinators for consultants, contractors and vendors. Occasionally responsible for coordinating review of documentation with external auditors engaged or authorized by City of Hope.
- Budget/Financial Administration: Responsible for timely and accurate payment of vendors within time periods established by contract agreements. Notifies Senior Project Manager of any budget/authorized discrepancies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree (With Business or Accounting background preferred).Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 5 years’ experience in business office and administrative analysis with skill at creating and utilizing tracking and controls systems.
- Experience in leading/overseeing clerical and support staff
- Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD Lite, Database experience (more than data entry)
- Construction Project Accounting experience preferred
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top