Program Development Manager - Service Line
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under the direction of the Director of Service Line Program Development, the Manager of Service Line Program Development will support the Growth Leadership team on the execution of key enterprise-wide and service line specific initiatives, strategic business development, and product planning and development related to growth.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Interface and collaborate with Physicians, Leadership, and internal departments to develop strategies and manage implementation timelines. Create, manage and execute project work stream work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assist the business development team in ensuring that key steps are properly documented, tracked, assigned and completed as needed. Escalates issues/risks in timely manner.
- Support and assist clinical leadership and departments who seek to expand service lines and develop programs/ products aligned with City of Hope's strategies.
- Monitors key organizational metrics and produces meaningful reports to Leadership to ensure alignment of business development plans and proposals impacting organizational, financial, and operational results through business development activities.
- With guidance from Director, exercises independent judgment and critical thinking skills to develop business plans and cases in support of growth
- Supports and participates in the implementation of marketing strategies that promote programs/products and its physicians.
- Lead or facilitate completion of special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience in complex project management, strategic planning, business management/development, or analysis
- Prior experience with complex project management functions
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Master's Degree or 8+ years of relevant experience, in lieu of a Master's Degree
- Matrixed health system, service line development, business development, hospital operations experience
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top