Principal Trainer - Epic
Responsible for writing and editing the training content for end-user training, as well as creating job aids and training documentation for staff. Specialize in specific application modules. Participate in design activities and works with module teams to develop training lesson plans. Involved in training program development, build technical training environment, oversee classroom training, and update training materials.
Looking to fill positions for the following Epic modules/teams:
Ambulatory (clinic) Health Information Management Hospital Billing
Beacon (oncology) ADT (admission, discharge, transfer) Professional Billing
Willow (pharmacy) Cadence/Prelude (scheduling) Radiant (radiology)
Beaker (lab) Inpatient Orders Cupid (cardiology)
OpTime (operating room) Anesthesia ASAP (emergency room)
Inpatient Clinical Documentation
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the assigned Epic application and applicable City of Hope clinical and operational workflows.
- Manages the development and implementation of the training programs for the assigned applications and impacted end-users.
- Participates in workflow designs and system builds in order to gain an in depth knowledge of the system functionality and rationale for the workflow designs.
- Prepares and maintains documentation and all course materials for role-based education.
- Builds, maintains and prepares training environments for training classes.
- Works with training coordinators to schedule appropriate courses.
- Ensures all materials for each course are ready for scheduled classes.
- Works with Credentialed Trainers to deliver end user training. May be assigned to manage a team of matrixed support, credentialed trainers who also deliver training.
- Acts as a resource to aid in E-Learning course development, ongoing new hire education, go-live/end-user support, demonstrations of the Epic system, and other duties pertinent to onboarding & education.
Skills and Experience:
- Composes detailed written coursework that summarizes and explains key concepts.
- Creates and edits screenshots.
- Designs and developments content for teaching, training, educational, or presentation purposes.
- Has a good working knowledge of the hospital/healthcare environment.
- Coordinates and communicates with process stakeholders.
- Listens and suggests ways to complement or assist the work of others.
- Is flexible, collaborative and works to fill gaps and voids overlaps in implementation activities.
- Motivates key process stakeholders including Nurses, Physicians, and other clinical and administrative staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams.
- Demonstrates customer service orientation with collaborative work experience.
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- 3+ years of relevant experience in adult education or instructional design, including experience in planning and developing learning objectives and course materials.
- Certification in an Epic application required for consideration.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- 5-8 years of experience in education/staff development and/or a clinical area, preferably a combination of both clinical experience and education
- 2+ years of experience creating instructor led training.
- Experience with Epic’s suite of healthcare applications.
- Prior go-live experience.
- Training environment build experience.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top