Principal Project Manager
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple high visibility, cross functional projects to help successfully launch key strategic initiatives across different business units. Interacts closely with executive leadership, business partners, and external vendor partners to effectively balance multiple projects and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partners with executive leadership, business and IT project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Manages up to a $5M operational budget
- Manages the successful delivery of multiple, multi-year projects with $3M+ budgets, 1-2 year project timelines, and more than 75 key project stakeholders
- Drives project risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Monitors performance of project delivery to ensure alignment to the approved business case, design, and committed timeline
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
- Provides financial metrics, value realization, and other strategic reports for executive leadership, business stakeholders, and IT team
- Collaborates with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments
- Continually evaluates methods of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new programming techniques,different technology platforms, more technically-trained personnel
- Monitors the changing technical environment to stay on trend and ahead of market shifts
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Well-rounded, highly refined senior-level project manager with 7+ years delivering projects at a successful tech corporation or a similar role in a blue chip company
- 3+ years of experience managing projects within the healthcare industry
- Expert knowledge of M/S Project (or similar project planning tools) and managing projects with over 5,000 line items
- Experience managing projects with core teams of at least 75 professionals
- Mastery in managing complex integrated work plans
- Mastery of all current trends in software delivery methodologies (Agile/SCRUM/Waterfall); success in transforming teams to embrace new trends and technologies
- 3+ years of experience managing individual and roll-up project budgets, resource plans, and risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects
- Expert in the business principles, rules, and regulations affecting the information systems for assigned business units
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria for project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with project team, executive leadership, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others’ projects by sharing and reallocating team members’ priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative project team environment that encourages support and success
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 7 years of experience
- PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience in project management, business administration, or technical management
Relocation assistance may apply for this opportunity.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top