Postdoctoral Fellow - Stem Cell Biology
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Position Summary We are looking for a highly motivated and productive postdoctoral fellow for stem cell research projects within the Department of Developmental and Stem Cell Biology (Shi laboratory) at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope.
Key Responsibilities include:
- This fellow will work on human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-based disease modeling and therapeutic development, including human iPSC derivation, CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing, neural differentiation of human iPSCs, cell transplantation into relevant mouse models, and characterizing transplanted mice using biochemical, immunohistochemistry, and behavioral tests.
- This fellow is expected to write progress reports, high quality manuscripts for publication, postdoctoral fellowship applications, and help to generate data and ideas for grant applications.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. or MD degree in biomedical research, or a related discipline is required.
- Experience in human iPSC derivation and neural differentiation, gene editing, and excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- For more information about Dr. Shi's research, please click here .
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top