Postdoctoral Fellow - Protein Engineering, Crystallography, Biophysics - Williams/Caligiuri Research Team
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Williams/Caliguiri Research Team seek a self-motivated, results-driven postdoc to drive the development of the generation of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies. Expertises required include thorough knowledge of protein engineering (cloning, expression, purification), crystallography (crystallization, optimization, data collection and structure determination), biochemistry (enzyme kinetics) and biophysics (Surface Plasmon Resonance, Iosthermal Ttitration Calorimetry, etc).
Key Responsibilities include:
- The applicant will apply these skills to determine structure of modified antibodies with immune receptors,
- To apply yeast display to stablize and subsequent deimmunize proteases, and
- Create additional antibody variants to maximize the therapeutic activity in a clinical setting.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Ph.D. in related field.
- Thorough knowledge of protein engineering (cloning, expression, purification),
- Crystallography (crystallization, optimization, data collection and structure determination),
- Biochemistry (enzyme kinetics) and,
- Biophysics (Surface Plasmon Resonance, Iosthermal Ttitration Calorimetry, etc).
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Several years of postdoc training is highly desirable.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top