Post-doctoral Fellow - Pichiorri Lab
We are looking for a highly motivated and well organized Postdoctoral Fellow to become an integral part of Pichiorri Lab, within the Division of Hematologic Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation Institute, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, California. Our long-term goal is to elucidate the molecular mechanism(s) underlying the development of myeloma and the insurgence of mechanisms of acquired resistance upon treatments. As such, the successful candidate will participate in the investigation of microenvironmental, genetic and epigenetic changes associated with myeloma development, including but not limited to diabetes predisposition to cancer and small non coding RNAs using different myeloma mouse models, primary samples, and in vivo correlative studies. With strong support from the department, one of the main goals is to foster the discovery of novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of myeloma and to develop specific Phase 1 trial for bridging the gap between basic science and clinical practice.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- PhD in biology required.
- Experience in recombinant protein production for cellular drug high throughput screening, protein purification and protein-protein interaction.
- Experience in DNA damage.
- In vitro cell culture: human and mouse cells, leukemia, myeloma, cell transfections, and drugs treatments.
- Experience in mouse bone marrow transplant (BMT) and engraftment studies.
- Experience with any of the animal cancer models: leukemia/myeloma or solid tumors (breast, prostate, liver).
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry, RNA, DNA isolation and preparation, QRT-PCR, Elisa assay, Western blot, IP techniques, Cloning and Luciferase assay.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top