Postdoctoral Fellow - Flow Cytometry/Cell Culture
- Duarte, CA
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for ongoing and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The McCune Lab in the Beckman Research Institute at City of Hope is looking for talented Postdoctoral Fellows. We are a NIH funded pharmacogenomics and precision medicine laboratory. Based on our recent discoveries we are entering a new phase of precision medicine-focused, cell-based experiments to identify the causes of drug toxicity in different individuals. Come work with a vibrant and interactive team who are striving to make medicines work better.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D., or equivalent, degree with research experience in the fields of cell biology, cancer biology, or immunology; a publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
- Ability to effectively manage a complex project, and possibly a research team, to successfully meet project goals;
- Ability to design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications, scientific publications, and IND submissions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Provide support in document review, data entry, and data analysis.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Perform multi-parameter flow cytometry and other cell-based assays, including testing of human specimens to support early phase clinical studies;
- Experience with the BD flow cytometers and FlowJo;
- Familiarity with hematopoietic development;
- Experience with cell culturing, ideally with various assays for primary T cell effector function including target cell killing, cytokine production, and expansion;
- Experience with cell-based functional tests from human and mouse tissue (splenocytes, bone marrow);
- Immune isolation and sorting of cell subsets using microbeads in human and mouse tissue;
- In vitro/ex vivo cellular assays utilizing flow cytometry, including the phenotypic and functional characterization of various leukocytes, cultured cells, and tumor cell lines;
- Perform ELISA or MSD immunoassays;
- Experience working with human blood and blood products using sterile technique, cell culture or other related experience;
- Assist with general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment, and inventory.
For more information about Dr. McCune’s research, please click here .
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top