Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow in Dr. David Chen's laboratory. This laboratory is skilled in high-throughput CRISPR genetic screens, next-generation sequencing (NGS), and epigenomic/transcriptomic analyses (ChIPseq, ATACseq, RNAseq, etc.). The lab is also involved in technology development including high-density CRISPR protein scan, precision epigenome editing, and single cell CRISPR genetic screens. Dr. Chen's research program is supported by several NIH (R01, R37, R00) and foundation (ASH) awards.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in biomedical sciences, computational biology or bioinformatics is required;
- Knowledge in cell biology and molecular cloning;
- Experience in R, Python, Perl, UNIX/LINUX, etc;
- Experience in sequencing or protein structural data analysis (highly preferred).
- Please email CV to Dr. Chen at email@example.com to apply;
- For more information about Dr. Chen's research, please visit: https://www.cityofhope.org/research/systems-biology/systems-biology-research-labs/david-chen-lab/david-chen-research-highlights.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top