Requisition ID: 9674
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics, the Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow for translational research targeting the extrinsic and intrinsic apoptotic pathways of cancer cells. Ongoing studies are focusing on death receptor-mediated cancer cell death and reversal of tumor resistance to TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) or death receptor agonistic antibodies by small molecules.
The position is funded for 1 year and renewable upon satisfactory evaluation.
Motivated PhD student, self-funded visiting scholars are also welcome.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Research experiences in apoptosis, autophagy, lysosomal degradation, or DNA damage/repair of tumor cells.
- Skills of tissue culture, molecular cloning, gene expression and knockout, protein purification/identification, flow cytometry, mouse tumor xenograft models are preferred.
- Self-guided and independent research ability is a must.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Bioinformatics skills are a plus.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationÃ¢&tm;s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top