Postdoctoral Fellow - Correlative Studies CAR T Cell Clinical Trials - Brown Laboratory
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The T Cell Immunotherapy Program ( https://www.cityofhope.org/research/car-t-cell-therapy ) a t Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting-edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapy studies and is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow who will develop chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapies for the treatment of solid tumors especially for brain tumors. The main focus on research is potentiation of therapeutic T cells for long-term functional persistence. Other projects will include interrogating the tumor microenvironment for identification of rational combination therapies. The PhD candidate will ideally have considerable experience in the fields of immunology and cancer biology. This position will interact and collaborate with a team of researcher with similar interests in developing T cell therapies in a translational research environment.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required, with research experience in the fields of immunology and cancer biology; a publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Ability to effectively develop a project in a translational research environment in order to successfully meet project goals.
- Ability to design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications, scientific publications, and IND submissions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top