Postdoctoral Fellow - Computational Biology
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Please note this role is located in the Los Angeles area.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for multiple talented Postdoctoral Fellows in Dr. Zhaohui Gu’s laboratory to pursue groundbreaking biomedical research in computational and cancer biology. Our goal is to do the best science, while training to be the next generation of scientific leaders. Selected candidates will have the opportunity of addressing ambitious research questions in areas such as precision software development with specific disease focus, the most advanced leukemia classification, functional characterization of driver genetic lesions in novel leukemia subtypes, single-cell level leukemogenesis and micro-environment modeling, and developing your own areas of related research that you can use to start your own lab. We offer a top-notch research environment with ideas, projects, resources, infrastructure, collaborations, and mindset for innovative research. Dr. Gu’s research program is supported by NIH/NCI R00 Award, LLS Special Fellow Award and start-up package.
Responsibilities of the position will include but not limited to: in vitro and in vivo modeling of genetic alterations, customized sequencing library preparation, computational methodology development, analysis of big genomic and biomedical data, manuscript writing, postdoc fellowship application, research work presentation, etc.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- PhD with a background in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, Cell/Molecular/Developmental Biology, Immunology, Hematology or other quantitative and/or biomedical science
- Experience in high-throughput (next-generation) sequencing, cancer genomics/biology, bioinformatics analysis, molecular mechanism study, mouse modeling, etc. are highly valued.
- For more information on Dr. Zhaohui Gu’s research at City of Hope please visit, here .
- Applicants are welcome to submit a CV with full list of publications, a cover letter of training background and future research plans, and contact information of at least three references to Dr. Gu ( email@example.com ). The application package should be in one PDF file named in the format as “(expected) graduation year/month + name + major”. Any questions or inquiries are also welcome before sending the final application.
- For additional information about Dr. Gu’s research, please visit here
Back to top