Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer Genetics & Epigenetics
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for ongoing & future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for multiple talented Postdoctoral Fellows in a NCI-funded laboratory, located in eastern Los Angeles. City of Hope offers an unparalleled postdoctoral training environment in basic, translational, and clinical research as a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center with NCI-funded T32 postdoctoral training program on DNA damage responses and oncogenic signaling.
Among the multiple genome stability and cancer research groups, the Shen laboratory has been focusing on DNA replication/repair pathway components, cancer genetics and epigenetics, as well as the cancer etiological and therapeutics modeling.
Recent Ph.D. graduates or equivalents in the field of biological/medical sciences with ambition and interest in DNA repair and cancer biology and skills in molecular biology are encouraged to apply.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required;
- Ambition and interest in DNA repair and cancer biology.
- Please forward a cover letter (personal statement and career goals) and CV/resume including the names and contact information of three references to Dr. Binghui Shen (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- For recent publications and more information about Dr. Shen's research, please visit https://www.cityofhope.org/people/shen-binghui;
- Competitive salary and benefit package are provided. Positions will be open until filled.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top