Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer Biologist
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow. This position will be running assays to characterize activity of molecules produce.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Ph.D. in Biology (specialize in cancer biology) or related discipline;
- Must have peer-reviewed publications demonstrating competence in animal models including xenograft and syngeneic models;
- Experience in IACUC protocol;
- Hands-on experience in various dosing routes to rats and mice (including oral gavage and intravenous injection) and collecting blood and tissues, as well as processing samples for ex vivo analysis;
- Hands-on experience in cell culture (different cancer cell lines) and cell assay;
- Experience in imaging and flow cytometry and immunization is a plus;
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Is expected to work as part of a team.
- For more information about Dr. Williams' research, please click here.
- Please note, this is one of three Postdoctoral Fellowships available in Dr. Williams' lab. Other descriptions in Computational Biology and Display Methodsmay be found on our main vacancy page.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top