Job Title:Post-doctoral Fellow
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Postdoctoral position: Characterizing cancer progression and metastasis
To develop and characterize solid cancer model systems in order to study epigenetic changes contributing to cancer progression and metastasis. These models will aid in the discovery of promising targets and evaluation of treatment strategies. The overall goal of these pre-clinical studies will be to provide supporting data for the potential clinical translation of novel, effective therapeutic approaches.
Please include CV with publication record and (if applicable) previous/current grant funding.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Ph.D. with emphasis in oncology and/or epigenetics, but will also consider biochemistry, immunology or microbiology background with experience in cancer or epigenetics research.
- Experience in flow cytometry is preferred
- Mouse handling with proficiency in different routes of injection.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Strong command of the English language with the capacity to write and speak scientifically.
- Should be self-motivated, productive, and require little to no supervision once trained.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top