Physician Relations Liaison - Mission Hills
With strategic expansion into the communities, the role of a Physician Liaison is critical in developing and sustaining relationships with referring physicians and office staff. The Physician Liaison is responsible for the targeting, developing, and strengthening relationships between external physicians and City of Hope clinical sites. The Liaison will support the overall growth strategies for the community practice locations, as well as Duarte campus; engaging physician involvement and participation in key City of Hope programs as outlined in the Strategic Plan. In this position, the Liaison will visit physician offices regularly with updates on hospital services, and ensure that physicians are satisfied with the hospital’s level of care following recent referrals.
The successful Liaison provides and recommends clinical trials, specific knowledge about treatments and background on City of Hope physicians. Success is measured by number of new and retained referring physicians, number of new patients and by specialty.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the City of Hope community practice site physicians, the Liaison will develop and create strategic opportunities to promote outreach, grow referrals and increase City of Hope recognition. Drive assigned business lines to achieve projected patient volumes and revenue goals.
- Enhance relationships with community physicians through events, office contacts, written communications and other strategic approaches. Answer physician questions about facility, availability, capabilities, terms, treatment solutions and clinical trials. Troubleshoot complaints, as necessary.
- Support attendance to continuing medical education (CME) events.
- Contacts, meets with and orients each new community practice provider.
- Assist physicians as needed with open enrollment and community relations events.
- Regularly maintain and update database for all non City of Hope physician and office staff contacts. Provide reports for frequent distribution to leadership. Ensure compliance according to Stark Law.
- Analyze market to determine the highest value doctors, identify geographic areas of opportunities by zip and physician, as well as ROI.
- Collaborate with others on clinical marketing team, Foundation, community practice sites, physicians in Duarte, and CME department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Healthcare. Prefer advance degree in healthcare administration.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Professional experience with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in healthcare/hospital is required. Nurse or surgical background is preferred or pharmaceutical or medical device sales. Well-versed in oncology and treatment solutions; must be able to speak peer to peer; ability to address any concerns about referring patients to City of Hope
- Proficient with all MS Office programs, contracting experience, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to track and / or run reports from database or contact management experience.
- Financial acumen
- Proven Sales experience skills
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top