Physician Recruitment Coordinator
This position provides support with the logistics of the physician recruitment process to result in the successful placement of physician candidates. Responsibilities include posting physician job openings, sourcing physician candidates, scheduling physician interviews, coordinating physician itineraries, supporting and monitoring physician onboarding process and assisting with meeting preparation. Requires strong computer skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting multiple people. Must have the ability to positively interact with faculty and staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient; a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail is vital.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of City of Hope and City of Hope Community Practice sites in order to assist with candidate inquiries
- Works with the Clinical Departments and CMO Office to profile positions and develop physician job descriptions.
- Assist with the physician candidate interview process, including telephone interview coordination, interview and itinerary coordination and confirmation, as well as initiating and collecting post-interview surveys.
- Maintains a current list for position openings, as well as active candidates and their status. Provides weekly updates.
- Assists with facilitating candidate on-site interviews.This may include but is not limited to, making arrangements for travel, lodging, meals, and welcome gift arrangements. Preparing interview itineraries and escorting candidates to appointments during on site interviews.
- Continually develops and improves upon processes, procedures, policies and techniques to recruit physicians.
- Work with Clinical Departments and CMO office to prepare physician job advertisements. Posts physician job openings on COH website, as well as other physician recruitment platforms.
- Monitors and updates new physician onboarding process from credentialing to orientation
- Assists with candidate reimbursement process for incidental expenses incurred by candidate.
- Works with physician recruitment and physician relocation agencies, as needed.
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned in order to recruit and retain physicians. and necessary
- Performs receiving transactions on a back-up basis as needed
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- 5 + years’ experience in a project management or administrative role, preferably in a healthcare or non-profit environment
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Medical Physician Recruitment
- Computer experience necessary, background in Microsoft Suite
- High School Diploma (or GED) and some post high school education at a college, professional, or trade school
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Administrative
- Medical Staff Administration experience highly desirable
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top