Pharmacy Technician- Simi Valley
- Agoura Hills, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
As part of the City of Hope Medical Foundation’s oral pharmacy program and under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, the primary purpose of the Pharmacy Technician is to assist the Pharmacist in all phases of the department operations. This includes filling, packaging, and tracking prescriptions; providing services that enhance the patient experience; stocking, billing, and other related duties; and assisting with managing inventory and other operational needs. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists Pharmacist with outpatient prescription filling through the order entry system, accurately preparing labels, and ensuring correct medication units.
- Coordinates and communicates drug coverage and co-pay assistance program to patients.
- Coordinates the filling of prescriptions at primary and other locations when applicable.
- Assists pharmacist with drug purchasing, inventory maintenance, and filling and packaging prescriptions for delivery to other locations for patient pick-up.
- Verify patient insurance and obtain prior authorizations when necessary to fill prescriptions. Processes all pharmacy claims in a timely manner.
- Performs chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy admixture as needed.
- Supports maintenance of records for compliance and assists with the billing process.
- Answers department telephone, takes messages, and directs to appropriate party.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year prior experience as a Pharmacy Tech, preferably in an outpatient, medical office environment.
- Current and valid Pharmacy Technician License from the California Board of Pharmacy
- Full Time
- Monday - Friday
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top