Peri-Op Bus& Sys Administrator - Mid Level Manager role
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Peri-operative Business & Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling material resources and business activities to support quality services in Peri-operative Services, Sterile Processing, and Endoscopy. In addition, leads the development and maintenance of the operating and capital budgets, pursues and implements inventory and supply cost savings initiatives, and conducts financial projects as directed by the Director of Peri-operative Services. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading the coordination of projects and supporting Information Technology Services to include managing the following project related tasks: process redesign, vendor evaluation, implementation, coordination and support of new surgery systems applications and/or enhancements. This position will ensure communication of project team members and coordinate end-user training.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The Peri-operative Business & Systems Administrator is involved in peri-operative strategic planning, performance improvement, and actively collaborates with the department’s management team, materials coordinator, physicians, and other interdepartmental personnel and committees. Develops immediate and long-range plans for peri-operative services purchasing, special product inventory, capital equipment, facilities services, and space requirements. Leads all aspects of surgical information systems specifically with clinical documentation, materials management, and patient charges/revenue.
- This position will work closely with Information Technology Services to serve as the primary point of contact and provide assistance to establish a high level of customer service regarding the information system. Responsible for creating and distributing financial and operational reports from various systems to support decision making within the department.
- Budget and Financial Activities
- Analyze budget variance and financial data for trends, and develop forecasts
- Participates in annual budget and cost update process
- Compiles and tracks capital purchase requests
- Analyzes operating room efficiency measures to meet established departmental goals
- Oversees charge capture process for peri-operative services and maintains the departments charge description master
- Peri-operative Information Systems
- Ensures data entry, file maintenance, reporting and auditing accuracy.
- Maintains software applications utilized in Surgical Services and Rules Based Charging
- Develops projects involving Peri-operative Services applications to insure successful integration into new projects and processes with the direction of the Director of Preoperative Services
- OR Product Evaluation Process
- Identifies and follows through with cost saving initiatives and prepares comparative reports to present to physicians, manager, and staff
- Performs qualitative, quantitative analysis for introduction of new technology and product requests. Serves as operational lead for Surgical Services Value Analysis Team.
- Develops system for review and recommendation for purchase of new Peri-operative products and technology
- Performance improvement
- Assists with Performance improvement activities
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within own performance
- Efficient and effective utilization of resources
- Participates in meeting identified supply chain goals and inventory management goals.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- 3 years business experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Business or Business related field
- Coursework specific to Information Systems, Business, and Decision Support.
Back to top