Payment Poster (2 Openings)
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Job Title: Payment Poster (2 Openings)
Requisition ID: 10529
Location: Monrovia, CA
To efficiently and effectively post all insurance and patient payments to open invoices. The payment poster will also prepare adjustments as directed by internal policies and procedures. The payment poster works in a team environment and acts to fulfill the mission and goals of the Division.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lockbox - Must be able to post minimum of 6,300 transactions per month.
- Med-Cal - Must be able to post minimum of 8,100 transactions per month.
- Medicare and Transplant - Must have a maximum of 4 days lag from the most current batch.
- Post insurance payments to patient accounts.
- Post insurance denial codes to patient accounts.
- Post adjustments to patient accounts.
- Post patient payments to patient accounts.
- Reconcile and log completed batches to Filemaker.
- Identify and calculate no or low payments by posting the correct adjustment reason and/or payment/adjustment note to initiate appeals process.
- Read explanation of benefits for any extraneous information.
- Verify expected reimbursement and adjustment based upon the provided contract list.
- Identify all insurance payments as applicable to patient accounts.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates behavior that supports the City of Hope Medical Group's mission.
- Attends required orientation and training seminars.
- Meets production standards within established time requirements.
- Work product and performance meets quality standards.
- Demonstrates respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, clients, the public, managers, and co-workers-a team player.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient care and business matters.
- Observes time, attendance, and dress code standards.
- Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies, fire, safety and infection control regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience performing follow-up to patient accounts relative to professional fee billing functions.
- Minimum experience includes corresponding with patients and insurance companies in resolving patient accounts.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top