Patient Care Assistant I
The Patient Care Assistants work in our inpatient hospital setting. This role will be supporting an inpatient nursing department. This role functions within the scope of practice of a C.N.A (Certified Nurse Assistant) or Nurse Assistant. We are seeking individuals who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver specific patient care services to selected patients at the direction of and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The PCA actively supports the efforts of the health care team through the delivery of services in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of procedures and techniques in providing routine bedside patient care.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR Certification.
- Minimum Experience: Two years patient care experience.
- High School Graduate or equivalent plus one of the following:
- Non-licensed graduate of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational (LVN) program; or
- Enrollment in an approved RN program and completion of at least one medical surgical clinical rotation; or
- Certified Nursing Assistant; or
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program.
Salary range: $14.95 to $22.43
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top