Organizational Development Training Facilitator and e-Learning Specialist
Requisition ID: 8830
Job Title: Organizational Development Training Facilitator and e-Learning Specialist
The Organizational Development Training Facilitator and e-Learning Specialist is responsible for developing fundamental management skills programs, facilitating classroom training workshops, and developing and implementing e-learning courseware and computer-based learning modules across all levels at City of Hope. In addition this position will support the research and the design and development of training materials, curriculum, assessments and evaluations for core learning programs that support key business outcomes and drive performance outcomes. The Specialist will focus on development of online learning, support of learning and development technologies, and marketing opportunities using innovative learning solutions and sound adult learning principles.
The Specialist is aligned to key OD Learning practices, programs and projects to assist in the design and delivery of workshops. He/she works closely with the OD Program and Logistics Specialist to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of all learning and training events and all programs that affect all areas of Organizational Development.
This position will be aligned to content experts to develop course interfaces, instructional graphics and animations that illustrate critical concepts and the desired learning outcomes. This role is responsible for consulting with concept experts on media and methods that are consistent with the technology infrastructure, audience, learning outcomes and training program content.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides facilitation and program implementation of core learning and development programs and initiatives including enculturation series, new manager orientation, engagement, performance and fundamental management skills (i.e., classroom-based workshops, webinars) which support strategic business objectives and broader talent management directives. In collaboration with the OD Consultant Practice Leads, supports instructional design, research of best practices, assessments, gap analysis, focus groups, social media and mobile learning strategies and tools.
- Assists OD Practice Leads in evaluating learning and development programs by designing various follow-up and feedback mechanisms for the purpose of determining program effectiveness and necessary changes.
- Applies adult learning principles and storyboarding techniques to design and facilitation of learning and development programs.
- Working in collaboration with the OD Program and Logistics Specialist, assists in the planning, development, and coordination of activities necessary to implement learning and development projects/programs to ensure that project/program goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and parameters.
- Supports the communication of learning programs and projects, including answering questions, disseminating information, handling inquiries to a wide variety of individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Creates and edit e-learning courses/content including, self-paced modules, virtual instructor-led training and live class tracking. Where necessary, coordinates where appropriate, converts existing instructor-led training to web-based training using interactive computer-based training. Design graphics/images and develop audio and video content for web courses. Work with the department manager to create a standard look for all e-learning training. Review, and recommend e-learning resources to supplement/enhance current tools. Publish content on the corporate learning management systems.
- Using extensive knowledge of instructional technologies and advanced skills in course authoring, graphics, animation and audio development software, web audio and animation development software, develops online content that meets business objectives.
- Works with OD Manager and OD Practice Leads to create a standard look for all e-learning training. Reviews and recommends e-learning resources to supplement/enhance current tools. Publishes content on enterprise learning management systems. Coordinates problem resolution with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Stays proficient with changing processes, developments in learning strategies, multi-generational learning tactics, and technology.
- Building Partnerships – identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business outcomes.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in the field of Education, Instructional Design, Organizational/Industrial Psychology, Corporate Learning, or Organizational Development
- 5+ years of experience in learning and development, facilitation, instructional design environment with an emphasis on e-learning.
- Excellent facilitation/training skills
- Understands adult learning theory and story boarding:
- Researches and gathers the content and maps it to the training objectives
- Identifies appropriate flow and sequence of the content
- Writes all content and manages its progress from draft to final production
- Rewrites and edits the content, as needed
- Solicits and incorporates feedback from all key project members
- Creates the final training storyboard
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize and drive multiple projects
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Seeks to collaborate and be collaborative
- Able to work with a transforming culture
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Embraces and seeks opportunities to change
- Experience using Internet Browser, MS Outlook, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate, Windows, and Camtasia
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional or Educational Technology, Education, Communications, Human Resources, Organizational/Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, or other related discipline
- Training in Facilitation and Group Process
- Human Resources Development, Organizational Development or Industrial and/or Organizational Psychology
About City of Hope:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top