Operating Room Technician
Requisition ID: 10373
Job Title: Operating Room Technician
Shift:Part Time Days
Union: SEIU UHW-W
Hourly Range: $23.64-35.46/hour
Department: Operating Room
Location: Duarte, CA
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist with surgical and/or endoscopic procedures. Assists in maintenance of supply levels, cleaning and decontamination of equipment and instruments
- Assists surgeons during operative/invasive procedure, assuring that necessary supplies, instruments, and equipment are ready and/or available and anticipates such needs.
- Maintains sterile techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in sterile technique.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training/ Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 2 - 3 year experience scrubbing major and/or endoscopic cases in a hospital setting.
- Maintains knowledge in surgical and medical technology through inservices/courses
- Req. Certification/Licensure: CPR.
- Pref. Certification/Licensure: Surgical/Endoscopic Technologist Certification.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top