Operating Room Materials Specialist CSPT
Requisition ID: 10217
Job Title: Operating RoomMaterial Specialist - 3:30pm - Midnight
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for inventory control actions associated with surgical services. requesting goods and services for operating room at th lowest cost consistent with accepted standards for quality and service. Assures that follow-up with purchasing is peformed, ensuring compliance with prices and deliveries. Actively manages the OR inventory.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes item usage and cost in order to determine and adjust stock levels and reduce inventory cost
- Evaluate all inventory in department, follow appropriate procedures toeliminate if appropriate with the goal of reducing cost of inventory
- Completes requisitions with adequate information
- Consults with buyers and nurses in order to obtain technical information, specifications, recommended vendors
- Ability to consult with representatives to obtain and analyze additional prodcut information
- Assures that follow-up takes place on items purchased in order to assure timely delivery and correctness of receipts
- Coordinates with purchasing, receiving personnel, vendors to resolve problems encountered with prices or delivery of the order
- Performs data entry and query functions in automated inventory module of theOR system
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Advance knowledge of surgical supplies and procedures
- Basic college courses
- 3 + years Supply Chain/Materials experience; preferably for a health care institution; experience with automated systems
- CPR certification
- Pyxis, PeopleSoft, Excel, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication; organizational skills
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Associates degree
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top