Nurse Coordinator - BSN
- Duarte, CA
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates patient care in assigned department or program . Performs all duties within the scope of licensure utilizing the nursing process . Acts as a patient advocate in all ethical and legal aspects .
Key Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes the City of Hope nursing process in clinical practice
- Establishes plan of care for home infusion therapy under the direction of the attending physician.
- Plans and coordinates all diagnostic testing, patient assessment, treatments and follow up home care.
- Interacts with patients and caregivers, obtains information and assesses the need for psychosocial support. Assists patient and caregiver in developing coping mechanisms.
- Functions as clinical resource and liaison to all members of health care team.
- Develops and or presents educational programs for patients, significant other, and staff related to specific program or departmental needs.
- Documents accurately in patients records
- Develops and participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate the program's effectiveness in meeting patient care and departmental needs.
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriate care and positive working relationships throughout the medical center
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Three to five years of experience in field of expertise
- Current California RN license
- BLS Certification
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master's Degree
- Shift: Days
- Job Status: Full-time
Back to top