Medical Assistant (Arcadia, CA)
The Medical Assistant prepares patients to see the physicians, facilitates lab test and other physician orders as need. This role also assists the Clinical Director with clinical duties and procedures as directed. Some of the main responsibilities associated with this role include: preparing patients for exam or treatment, preparing the exam and treatment rooms by placing necessary instruments prior to appointments and obtaining patient documents and vital signs in EMR. This role also performs basic nursing procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks and applications of simple dressings.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Training in oncology specialty-specific assisting is a plus.
- Bilingual – English/Mandarin.
- At least one year of patient care experience in primary care clinical setting; experience performing lab tests and processing lab and diagnostic study orders; working knowledge of managed care basics. EMR experience preferred. Must have strong communication skills.
- Medical Assistant Certificate required
- American Heart Association BLS certification required.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top