Responsible for various duties related to maintaining an accurate system of record for inventory supplies and ensuring the highest levels of customer support when these supplies are requested from the COH end users. Maintains goods and services for patient care areas at the lowest cost consistent with accepted standards for quality and service. Assures that follow-up with end users and COH Purchasing department is performed, ensuring compliance with supply specifications and deliveries. Actively manages the CSPT/Warehouse Inventory.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes item usage and cost in order to determine and adjust stock levels and reduce inventory cost
- Evaluate all inventory in department, eliminate if appropriate with the goal of reducing cost of inventory
- Evaluate if any items stocked could be moved to consignment
- Completes requisitions with adequate information
- Consults with buyers and nurses in order to obtain technical information, specifications, recommended vendors
- Ensures daily inventory transactions associated are performed on an accurate and timely basis into PeopleSoft inventory system
- Assures that follow-up takes place on items ordered in order to assure timely delivery and correctness of receipts
- Coordinates with purchasing, receiving personnel, vendors and accounts payable personnel to resolve problems encountered with prices or delivery of the order.
- Performs data entry and query functions in automated inventory module of the CSPT system
- Prepare reports on charges and replenishment analysis to be discussed with management in order to make final decisions concerning par adjustments. Supports Supply Chain management in cost reduction initiatives and identifying savings.
- Checks in supply deliveries, receives orders in the system and stocks the shelves maintaining inventory locations and checking item expiration dates.
- Accurately replenishes all patient care unit supply areas, rotating stock and ensuring item expirations dates have been checked and removed if necessary. Maintains order and cleanliness supply areas.
- Accurately charges supplies to appropriate cost centers where applicable and necessary
- Performs receiving transactions on a back-up basis as needed
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Advance knowledge of surgical supplies and procedures
- Basic college courses
- 3 + years Supply Chain/Materials experience; preferably for a health care institution; exp with automated systems
- CPR certification
- Pyxis, PeopleSoft, Excel, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication; organizational skills
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Associates degree
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top