Manager, Supply Chain Management Application Support SCM
Requisition ID: 9795
Job Title: Manager, Supply Chain ManagementApplication Support
Manages a team that provides direct business and application support, establishing standard operating procedures, defining management controls, supporting internal and external customers, updating and maintaining system configuration and Production data, and partnering to develop and deliver standard/adhoc reporting and end user training; supervises and develops direct reports. Is able to analyze user, system and application needs, determine and evaluate alternative solutions and approaches to meeting those needs, and help select the optimal solution and validates those solutions with the client(s).
- Item/Data management support functions for Supply Chain systems.
- Maintains a consistent taxonomy for new item and vendor master data.
- Familiar with PeopleSoft data maintenance and table structures.
- Contributes to the development, installation, maintenance, and modification of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application, which meet user/customer requirements.
- Support changes to PeopleSoft PARS.
- Acts as the liaison between the operational or functional user areas and technical staff.
- Communicates functional solutions to teammates and management, and provides assistance to teammates in an effort to enhance the overall services provided by the team.
- Maintains or develops application and business process documentation as necessary.
- Communicates effectively with customers to resolve issues and address concerns.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multitask.
- Partner on oversight for enterprise level applications upgrades and implementations.
- Support innovation and organizational change to improve effectiveness.
- Participates in leadership activities to support the strategic plan of City of Hope.
- Supervises and develops direct reports.
- Takes ownership of functional issues by identifying underlying problems, analyzing potential solutions and implementing system resolutions, including workarounds.
- Performs the functional analysis for production support activities.
- Applies and enforces department change control policies & procedures.
- Develops Functional Design Documents and works with technical resources to develop system enhancements or resolutions to system issues.
- Owns the Integration and User Acceptance Testing processes, including development of test plans, test cases and scenarios and documentation of results.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to and enforces department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Participates in development of internal IT processes, policies and procedures
- Works with core Supply Chain functions (e.g. Value Analysis, Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Materials management, etc.) and managers of related project initiatives to ensure proper support.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan.Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree business administration, finance, healthcare administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant production support experience
- Exceptional oral/written communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financials/SCM, Microsoft Office, and Adobe
- Must have good understanding of Procure to Pay business processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Project and Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of project management activities, deliverables and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of standard IT practices related to business application development/implementation.
- Strong knowledge of IT structured analysis methodologies, including process flow definition and data flow diagramming.
- Strong understanding of the functional areas and business practices to be supported.
- Working understanding of IT infrastructure technologies, including Desktop, Server and Networking systems
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate urgent and unique requests, internally and externally, in a professional manner
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Courses in purchasing or finance
- Prior PeopleSoft Supply Chain project management experience in a Healthcare and/or Research organization, familiarity with PeopleSoft 9.2 environment and PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top