Manager Srvc Line Operations
Requisition ID: 8633
Job Title: Manager, Service Line Operations
Key position within the triad leadership team (i.e. Physician, Nursing, and Administration) that has overall responsibility and accountability for managing assigned clinical service line(s). Specifically, the Manager is dedicated to improving patient experience, maximizing operational efficiencies and improving financial results through partnership with physicians, administration and nursing. The Manager develops and implements process improvement plans, coordinates and manages key initiatives within the service line and monitors and drives key performance indicators. Manager develops monthly review with Clinical and Administrative leadership of enabler performance. Key relationships: Clinical leadership, VP of Professional Services, SVP Operations, Nursing, Sr. Director for Access, VP of Strategic Planning, Business Intelligence.
- Ensure a patient centric approach is maintained as true north on all service line operational initiatives. Serve as point individual for the service line on all administrative matters including facilities, IT initiatives, physician relations, recruitment, budget preparation and monitoring, and other resource needs.
- Develop, gather, analyze and report key metrics in partnership with clinical service line leadership team, academic leadership and foundation leadership.
- Project manage key initiatives within service line including developing project plan, milestones, and metrics.
- Organize and lead regular service line meetings to ensure alignment among service line members and achievement of goals and objectives set by leadership.
- Inform, communicate and report service line status on a regular basis to key institutional stakeholders including Academic Chairs, CMO, COO, etc.
- Partners with Patient Experience Council and Enterprise Quality to advise on operational initiatives.
- Develops relationships with operational owners of key patient experience domains develops action plans for specific domain improvement opportunities. Ties work with ACE and BI/Performance Management.
- Develops patient experience strategic and communications plan, aligned with enterprise, and provide quarterly review and annual report.
- Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education and Experience
- MBA, MHA, MPH required
- Large Health System or Matrixed Health System
- Service line development, business development, hospital operations, customer experience management preferred
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top