Manager, Revenue Cycle
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
To provide daily oversight, leadership and guidance to the staff through knowledge of company's internal policies and procedures, industry standard billing and collections guidelines and proven personnel management skills. The Revenue Cycle Manager will assist the Director of Billing Operations in the management of all aspects involved in the revenue cycle. The Revenue Cycle Manager works in a professional environment to fulfill the mission and goals of the Division.
- Review monthly receivable reports for identification of trends and areas of concern.
- Initiates proactive measures that result in developing policies, making policy changes and policy implementation.
- Ensures staff is working receivable in adherence to internal policies and procedures.
- Follows and reports trends in charges, claims/EDT files, denials, payments and all other aspects impacting the revenue cycle.
- Interacts with staff, manager and other representatives to complete projects and tasks.
- Initiates contact with patients and third payors as necessary.
- Initiates recommendations and actions for resolving patient accounts. Evaluates accounts to determine any adjustments or charge corrections required.
- When required, conducts or assists in conducting disciplinary action for employees.
- Ensures that all necessary documentation and information is correct according to divisional policies and procedures for approval of charge corrections, refund and collections accounts.
- Respond to all phone calls from other divisions, patients or insurance companies in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Conducts random work list audits for the purposes of assessing and improving employee performance.
- Demonstrates teamwork and provides assistance with special projects when assigned.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The following Pillars in Action are the behaviors that accelerate our impact as we deliver on our Vision and Strategic Priorities:
SPEED. We move with speed.
- We execute with a sense of urgency.
- We learn quickly and adjust course.
- We take ownership and eliminate bottlenecks and barriers.
FOCUS. We act with discipline and focus.
- We own City of Hopeâ€™s enterprise priorities.
- We deliver measurable results.
- We explore ideas broadly, and commit to ideas selectively.
ENTERPRISE. We behave as one enterprise.
- We work together, not in silos.
- We stand by each other and our decisions.
- We encourage innovative thinking and embrace responsible risk taking.
CONNECTEDNESS. We connect and network.
- We attract and collaborate with diverse talent.
- We connect and extend our relationships.
- We welcome and embrace external partners.
SPONSORSHIP. We trust and sponsor.
- We value and inspire each other.
- We extend trust.
- We sponsor each otherâ€™s success.
- High School or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years experience performing medical billing functions. Minimum experience includes corresponding with patient and insurance companies in resolving patient accounts. Extensive knowledge of insurance carrier procedures, including Medicare, Medi-Cal and other third party payors. Experience with reading Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Statements. Proven ability to handle multiple conflicting tasks.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills. Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minor supervision.
- Experience with on-line practice management system; Knowledge of PC based software applications (i.e. Word for Windows, Excel, etc.) is required. Type 35+wpm required.
Working / Environmental Conditions
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting.
- Smoke free environment.
- Subject to regularly changing priorities and work assignments.
- Light physical effort
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasional standing/walking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customer service focus
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top