Manager, Revenue Accounting
Requisition ID : 9965
Job Title: Manager, Revenue Accounting
The Revenue Accounting and Reimbursementplans, directs and oversees all activities of revenue accounting and reimbursement for City of Hope Medical Center including net patient revenue accounts receivable valuation as well as net patient revenue analyses. This position records, analyzes, and communicates net patient revenue/accounts receivable (AR) performance based on provider/payor contracts, collection risk assessment, as well as special programs.
In addition to determining net receivable amount for all patient receivables by financial payor class, proper statement on net patient revenue and adequate reserves on a monthly basis for financial reporting; other responsibilities include managing external consultants of all government reporting for Medicare, Medi-Cal and OSHPD, while maintaining compliance with all governmental requirements.
This position is also responsible for analyzing and communicating the net revenue and patient accounts receivable performance. This includes internal reporting and analysis on Days in AR, Write Offs, Allowance for Bad Debts, Gross to Net Revenue and Patient Receivable Ratios, Credit Balances, as well as Collections. This position needs to work closely with City of Hope managed care contract team, finance decision support team, revenue cycle billing team, general accounting team as well as externally with peers from participating hospitals in Alliance of Dedicated Cancer Center. Through collaboration, both internally and externally, this position will establish comprehensive policies and procedures with regards to net patient revenue recognition as well as reimbursement. This position also play a crucial role in providing accurate net patient revenue in support of our Professional Service Agreement (PSA) with Medical Group physicians.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of accurate patient accounts receivable reserve calculations as well as contractual adjustments by financial payors based on contract modeling (expected & historical).
- Support interim and annual financial audit as it relates to net patient accounts receivable and net patient revenue
- Delivers analysis of payor performance: Payor reimbursement ratios, comparison to expected reimbursement per contracts, as well as retrospective reviews
- Provides analysis and communications specific to net patient revenue performance as reported on interim/annual financial statements. Provides management with information vital to the decision making
- Provide necessary analysis and communication specific to reimbursement impacts related to regulatory or contractual change
- Performs fiscal year end provisional cost report and works with external consultant on the annual cost reports
- Analyzes complex financial and statistical data to ensure accuracy and maximize optimum reimbursement. Responds to government intermediary audits and requests
- Prepare quarterly OSHPD reports and works with external consultant on annual OSHPD reports
- Stays abreast of current reimbursement issues and implements contemporary practices
- Manages and prepares Home Office Cost Statements and responds to appeal requests
- Participates in compilation of annual indirect cost report for grants
- Participates in feasibility studies and isolated projects
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality with patient related information and access
- Any other ad hoc projects and requests
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have at least 10 years of progressive related accounting and finance experience, including management responsibility in a complex operating environment.
- Healthcare reimbursement/net patient revenue experience required
- Must have Strong understanding of OSHPD, Gross to Net calculations, CMS guidelines, and Cost Report including audit and appeals experience.
- Must have the ability to solve difficult problems related to reimbursement, contract modeling and revenue cycle functions; strong leadership capabilities.
- Must have at least 3 years of management experience.
- Must have experience utilizing EPIC
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, PeopleSoft, EPIC
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Advanced degree in business
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top