Manager, Pharmacy Operations
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Provides day to day operational oversight and direction of Pharmacy Operations and Regulatory compliance to ensure safety and efficiency for all COH patients with a focus in the Outpatient Infusion Clinic areas. Includes supervision of licensed Pharmacist Staff and indirect supervision of Pharmacy Technician Staff involved in operations. Actively assists with policy and procedure development, implementation and oversight for operational activities. Involved in regulatory assessments and audits to ensure compliance required by Joint Commission, California State Board of Pharmacy, California Department of Public Health, and other regulatory agencies. Incumbent will perform tasks and provide support in other areas as needed by the organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists in directing, coordinating and supervising activities in the Pharmacy Operations. Supports Regulatory compliance with an emphasis in the Outpatient Infusion Clinic areas that have significant research and standard of care infusion treatments.
- Selects, trains/orients, supervises and assigns Pharmacist staff either directly or through subordinate supervisor(s). Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Assists in providing direction, leadership, motivational techniques and establishes communication within assigned sections.
- Develops clinical practice standards for professional staff.
- Assists in implementing policies and procedures for department operation.
- Participates in development and implementation of the department's quality assurance program related to Operations.
- Participates in orientation program for new Pharmacist employees.
- Directs and coordinates maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies and materials in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort and safety of patients and staff.
- Utilizes proper judgment in decision making.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Communicates effectively with physician, nursing, and other clinical stakeholders
- Familiarity with Investigational Drug processes.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm.D.)
- 3 years in hospital pharmacy with experience in leading or supervisory capacity.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent human relation skills.
- Current CA Pharmacy License.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- ASHP accredited PGY1 Residency or additional training.
- Led or provided key support for surveys from Joint Commission, California State Board of Pharmacy, California Department of Public Health.
- Experience in an oncology setting in Hospital or Academic/Health System Infusion Center.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top