Job Title: Manager, Imaging
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Manages and coordinates the operations and delivery of care of thedesignated imaging modalities.Leads assigned departments to achieve budgeted financial goals. Ensures that a high level of imaging service quality and customer service is delivered at all times. Ensures compliance for all regulatory requirements and overall safety in the assigned departments.
Oversee the administrative and technicalfunctions of service delivery and patient care in the imaging departments. Responsible for budget and strategic planning with the assistance of the Sr. Administrative Director of Imaging Services. Provide effective supervision, training personnel management to assure staff competency in the assigned areas. Support established departmental policies and propose, advance and implement new policies and procedures within assigned departments as needed.
- Achieve department approved operational budget goals and mandated regulations.
- Develop informed teams within the departments to provide accountability and guidance. Retain experienced employees and provide new hires with a career path to achieve excellence.
- Quality service, exams and procedures accomplished through sharing information and teaching in a safe environment.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The position directly supervises: Designated Lead Technologists
- The position indirectly supervises: Designated Technologists and support staff.
The following Pillars in Action are the behaviors that accelerate our impact as we deliver on our Vision and Strategic Priorities:
SPEED. We move with speed.
- We execute with a sense of urgency.
- We learn quickly and adjust course.
- We take ownership and eliminate bottlenecks and barriers.
FOCUS. We act with discipline and focus.
- We own City of Hopeâ€™s enterprise priorities.
- We deliver measurable results.
- We explore ideas broadly, and commit to ideas selectively.
ENTERPRISE. We behave as one enterprise.
- We work together, not in silos.
- We stand by each other and our decisions.
- We encourage innovative thinking and embrace responsible risk taking.
CONNECTEDNESS. We connect and network.
- We attract and collaborate with diverse talent.
- We connect and extend our relationships.
- We welcome and embrace external partners.
SPONSORSHIP. We trust and sponsor.
- We value and inspire each other.
- We extend trust.
- We sponsor each otherâ€™s success.
Position Qualifications :
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in business or healthcare managment or other related healthcare field.
- Two years in a Diagnostic Imaging Leadership role such ase Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology certification(s) (ARRT); California Radiologic Technology Certifiication(CRT)
- Depend on personal computer to accomplish job duties.
- Ability to spend long periods of time standing, sitting.
- Quite a bit of walking throughout the Imaging Department.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
X-Ray, CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top