Manager, ERP Financial Systems
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The ERP Financial Systems Manager will support the Enterprise business processes and enhancements related to PeopleSoft integration, business processes and key third party systems enabled by ERP. PeopleSoft managed areas include; Project Costing, Grants, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, Cash, General Ledger, Assets, Accounts Payable, Expenses, Payroll, nVision, Trees, Allocations, Security, Inventory, 3rd Party Financial Interfaces, Hierarchy, Combo Codes, Financials Help Desk Support and Financial Queries. He/she will serve as a strategic business planning and execution partner working with business process owners, business units and IT to formulate enhancement options to address specific reporting needs, functional issues, and functional and technical requirements. The role will also lead in designing policies and standards for the Enterprise and the individual business units. He/she will participate in the design, evaluation, testing and implementation of ERP projects such as report development, system break fixes, system enhancements, projects, and other reporting and/or system updates. This role will lead a team to provide daily support to end user community, identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop communication materials.
The ideal candidate should have strong ERP system and business process background, project management and leadership skills. Candidate shall have extensive experience in reporting tools, nVision, Business Warehouse and financial system implementations at a Corporate, or business unit level. This candidate should be familiar with reporting, business analytics and forecasting solutions and be able to work with various business units to streamline existing processes.
This role will manage a team of three business analysts, and drive operational efficiencies while transforming the ERP platform to a best practice stance. He/she will be responsible for ERP financial reporting management, development, administration, reporting business solutions architecture and reporting business processes. Routinely reviews and analyzes business process, workflow procedures, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for reporting continuous improvements.
Assists in change management strategies for adoption of new systems or system changes throughout the project life cycle relative to reporting needs. The ERP Financial Systems Manager is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of ERP system investments.
Key Responsibilities include:
This position reports to the Director, ERP Business Process and System Optimization.
The ERP Financial Systems Manager will lead the support of ERP finance, research, philanthropy and organizational related activities and initiatives. This position key responsibility will include:
- Collaborate and support key finance stakeholders (ITS, Research, Supply Chain, Philanthropy, and Medical Center) on cross-functional business projects that impact the ERP systems and business processes.Develops and maintains effective cross-functional working relationships with others as necessary.
- Provides direction and leadership and serves as resource to staff on all project tasks.Meets regularly to review project activities, consultant performance and management strategies.Assists with solving technical and operational problems as needed. Central point for all multi-vendor/partner relationships related to the program.Ensure project and subtasks are executed to meet or exceed COH management and customer satisfaction expectations.
- Ensure that the system/process users' interests are known and communicated to other project stakeholders.
- Assist with organizational wide developmental needs on end to end ERP business processes & systems to drive on-going training initiatives. Collaborate with ERP trainers to build and modify training programs as needed to ensure the most applicable materials and effective modes are delivered.
- PeopleSoft managed areas include, Project Costing, Grants, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, Cash, General Ledger, Assets, Accounts Payable, Expenses, Payroll, nVision, Trees, Allocations, Security, Inventory, 3rd Party Financial Interfaces, Hierarchy, Combo Codes, Financials Help Desk Support and Financial Queries.
- This position will also be responsible for leading, engaging and developing a team of direct reports.The associate in this role will be expected to work with direct reports in creating an environment of continuous improvement relative to work product as well as efficiency of operations
- Develop direct reports to be true business process and system experts; able to facilitate enterprise presentations and trainings; stand alone on solving business challenges; directly and effectively interact with end users that require their expertise and support.
- Embody the team vision and ensure proper engagement with direct reports.Includes supporting the communication of the vision and purpose of the Corporate Accounting function to direct reports
- Communicates, verbally and in writing, data integrity or process issues that may impact financials and/or business operations.
Project Leadership & Execution:
- Provide the Enterprise Finance Functions and Business Operations with highest data quality and consistency through system set-up and/or changes the ERP system for 4 business entities.
- Executes all deliverables per plan and is a single point of accountability for program success. Develops detailed project work plans, time lines, and budgets.Maintains project assignments, monitors workloads, and resources to meet project requirements.Frequently reassesses project scope to ensure projects are carried out according to established plan and budget.Keeping project on schedule and on budget, ensuring resources are on task.Responsible for directly managing some projects as necessary.
- Support Finance period close activities.Includes managing the monthly and annual period close for all supported PeopleSoft modules.Ensuring support is provided for financial system changes as necessary and business event close execution and completion.
- Manages a team that create and execute project plans with key deliverables and metrics timely and successfully.
- Maintains user access to ensure adequate segregation of duties within the ERP systems.
- Audits data and develops recommendations for corrective actions and process improvements related to data creation and maintenance.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.Ensures customer on-boarding process.
- Plan, delegate, and monitor workflow of direct reports to ensure employees are performing at a high caliber, while ensuring integrity of the financial statements.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree required. (Preferably MHA, MPH or MBA)
- Minimum of 5 years in management responsibilities with increasing complexity and responsibility.
- 3-5 years' experience in project management.
- Five or more year's proven experience managing multiple cross-functional operations projects.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Masters (preferably MHA, MPH or MBA)
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top