Licensed Stationary Engineer
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Operates and maintains stationary gas-fired boilers, chiller equipment and auxiliaries.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Fires boilers, operates auxiliary equipment, and controls the generation of a continuous supply of steam for heating, hot water, and process operations.
- Operates and monitors chillers and chilled water loop through out the campus.
- Performs service and preventive maintenance on all chillers, circulating pumps, control valves, etc. Makes necessary repairs or arranges for same
- Performs service and preventive maintenance on all boilers, feed pumps, control valves, etc. Makes necessary repairs or arranges for same.
- Prepares boilers and related equipment for state and insurance inspections.
- Monitors and operates the chilled water storage system in all phases.
- Performs tests on water samples to determine and calculate proper chemical dosage for boiler and chiller system.
- Oversees all utility distribution on campus.
- Restore electrical services if possible in case of any power outage.
- Monitor and respond to energy management system.
- Coordinate with maintenance/engineering staff on any necessary issues arising from monitoring the Energy Management System through out the campus.
- Maintain accurate daily record of plant operation noting any change, scheduled or unscheduled, in any central plant machinery, utility service, or any clerical system through out the campus.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance, safety.
- Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Two years post High School Trade, Business or Professional school.
- Five years in operation & maintenance of high-pressure gas-fired boilers, chillers & assoc. equip.
- California Driver's License (CDL)
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Gerry G.Clinical Nurse Manager
Gerry supports the nurse practitioners and staff in the Hematology Department’s Blood & Marrow Transplant Division, providing them with the tools they need to help patients prepare for their transplant journey.
Back to top