Lead Systems Analyst
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under limited supervision, the Lead Systems Analyst provides leadership and coordination of project teams consisting of management, users, IS staff, and vendors. Performs systems analyst activities and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency. May serve as project lead on enterprise initiatives.
- Functions as a Specialist to perform process improvement and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment. Serves as a resource to ensure integrations across technology platforms, business areas, or locations.
- Responsible for recommending innovative IT solutions for risky and demanding business situations
- Functions as a team leader and provides procedural and technical guidance to less experienced systems analysts. Performs as a project lead, coordinates projects, and directs systems analysts.
- Provides technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users and Departmental staff.
- Provides application support and coordinates conversions and upgrades to existing applications. Defines system requirements, priorities, and viable alternatives. Coordinates the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain computer software systems.
- Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of application systems.
- Continues to develop professional skills in the information systems and health care fields through trade magazines, manuals, seminars, and courses.
- Internal Contacts: Vice Presidents, Directors, Supervisor, Clinicians, and Line Staff
- External Contacts: Organizations related to vendor services.
- Budget/Financial Administration: Works with the Director on the annual operating and capital budgets.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The following shared, organization-wide competencies describe the desired behaviors that will facilitate success at City of Hope:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Life or Physical Sciences, Systems/ Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related fields. Laboratory experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Minimum of eight years' experience with Laboratory systems including analysis and support including server and Hl7 interface knowledge
- Project management or leadership responsibilities.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in hospital or Integrated Health Network Information Systems environment.
- Structured development techniques in system development, such as MS Project, MS Office Suite
- Formulates and tracks detailed project schedules and estimates.
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing system analyst tasks.
- Must have ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of personnel throughout the network, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Must take on greater leadership role, utilizing broader knowledge and high level technical skills.
- Knowledge of information systems, including laboratory applications, and other clinical applications.
- Must have ability to plan and perform medium to large scale computer projects.
- Experience with Epic/Beaker a plus
- Compiles statistics
- Inputs data into computer programs
- Maintains logs
- Uses computer packages to prepare graphics
- Prepares status reports
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Software including but not limited to
- Sunquest, Shire, CoPath, Viasys, REES, SafeTrace, Histotrac
- SQL, SQR, Cache, Oracle, Crystal reports,
- Visio, MS Project, MS Office suite of products
- Personal computer
- Computer peripheral equipment
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Occasionally covers varied shifts, weekends and holidays
- Occasional travel required
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional standing/walking
- Lifts supplies/equipment
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top