Lead IT Business Operations Analyst
The Lead IT Business Operations Analyst will work closely with the Director of ITS Business Operations. This position will administer ITS Business Operations processes as it relates to budgeting, back office functions, contracting, project/portfolio management, and reporting. This position will maintain and update process as necessary, as well as assume responsibility for providing reports as approved by the Director.
- Administer ITS Business Operations Processes which include but not limited to: Budget review, renewals management, contract review, purchase orders, invoicing, reconciliation. The process must adhere to COH policy and integrate ITS requirements. Update and implement policy updates within the ITS department. Provide reporting that is scheduled and ad-hoc as determined by Director.
- Develop auditing processes to monitor processes, schedule and run audits and provide results to Director. Assess areas of opportunity for improvement and/or issues.
- Primarily be the central point for “intake” for all project requests within IS&T Governance Process. Understand and execute requests through governance. Compiles, creates, and maintains a database that keeps track of every project throughout the organization.
- Coordinates the preparation of internal and external reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information from departments. Analyzes the project databases to assess the organization’s bandwidths.
- Accountable for maintaining the current system of record, including administrative configuration, training, help desk tickets, process enhancement, and any additional view / reporting requirements.
- Develops and maintains dashboards that will measure and report status outcomes and risks.
- Internal Contacts: Finance, ITS, Project Managers, and Human Resources
- External Contacts: Various external consulting and audit firms.
- Provides financial analysis on OPEX and CAPEX for ITS. Produce month end reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems, analyze department needs and develop alternative financial tracking solutions commensurate with the need.
- Demonstrates extensive experience in all phases of financial tracking and reporting.
- Monitors all project expenditures to the approved Capital Expenditure Authorization (CEA) budgeted amount and to individual contractor contract amounts.
- Provide early notification to the Director regarding potential variances or when amounts require adjustment.
- Meets regularly with Senior IT Project Managers, IT Directors, to review the financial status and strategies for IT projects.
- Interacts effectively both inter and intra-departmentally on a regular basis for financial reconciliation and coordination.
- Lead a team of analysts – ensure appropriate training, work assignments, work balancing, coverage, and review / validation of work. Provide coaching and guidance as necessary.
- Supports Director in the development of ITS’ annual operating budget and with on-going actual to budget reporting.
- Coordinate the preparation, review and submission of annual operating (both salary and non-salary) and capital budgets for all ITS. Ongoing will facilitate managing budgets and showing trend on planned vs. actual.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Keeps abreast of current healthcare issues and finance by attending appropriate meetings and reviewing current literature.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, PM certifications, Computer Science and Business Administration is preferred
- 8 to 10 years of related experience is required in an analyst, process setting, Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing ideas, concepts, recommendations, technical and complex information. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Strong working knowledge of Application Development methodologies is preferred.
- Prepare reports and Compile statistics
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, Visio, Access, and extreme proficiency with Power Point. Proficient in MS Project is preferred.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top