IT Project Coordinator
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Supports efforts to develop, design, budget and implement defined infrastructure solutions in support of enterprise standards. Provides support on how to manage a large portfolio of concurrent projects with constrained resources. Helps track the cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting Capital and Operational expenses. Key traits of this role include support, innovation and excellent communications and presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences. This position collaborates with other colleagues and peers to ensure that everyone is managing toward the same outcome and that project timelines are validated. This role will sometimes be required to redirect resources (human or capital) from one project to another to achieve enterprise objectives. This position will also be accountable for identifying and understanding technical workflows, data lifecycles, business value, project impact and the long term operationalization of the project. Supports infrastructure projects that are enterprise initiatives driven by the organizational strategic plans. Supports the PM on a multi-disciplinary team of technologist to define infrastructure solutions to meet business, biomedical and scientific requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides support on multiple systems projects simultaneously to include preparing project plans, allocating resources, prioritizing projects and maintaining communication regarding project status. Performs cost analysis process by analyzing expenses and forecasts. Improves financial status reporting by analyzing expenses; monitoring variances; identifying trends and recommending actions to management. Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Provides support on all phases in development and maintenance of technical infrastructure systems from requirements and design to post implementation.
- Communicates technical aspects and applications to non-technical professionals and stakeholders such as relates to Client Server environments using Windows, Unix, Web, load balancing and virtualization, etc.
- Acts as user liaison between project stakeholders, vendors and Information Systems technical services.Provides support on meetings with users to determine business requirements.Interacts with Principal Investigators, directors and different levels of management to capture and organize information needed to develop new computing systems and project deployment oversight.
- Develops detailed system design which support system requirements. Conducts technical reviews and walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members. Reviews and critiques the technical documentation of other systems to assure quality products.
- Provides support on project development of systems infrastructure and manual procedures necessary to support departmental and enterprise system design.
- Remains knowledgeable of information technology and company business operations. Provides support onimplementation of technology to support the company's objectives.(workflow analysis and technical requirements/impact)
- Provides support on direction and oversight to technical staff. Assists staff in developing solutions to problems as necessary.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3 - 5 years information technology/project management experience in a dynamic fast paced business environment.
- 3+ years proven experience providing support to multiple technical projects.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Experience may substitute
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Financial Skills Cost analysis, budgeting and Opex/Capex expense reconciliation (Excel Dashboard, ability to identify errors and projections monthly)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent human relation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with cross functional groups and participate in problem solving process
- WindowsXP or higher
- MS Excel
- MS Powerpoint
- Microsoft Office or higher
- Communication Tool: Microsoft One, SharePoint
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top