This position will accurately verify and document patient demographic and health care insurance data in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review daily and import electronic demographic files from COH.
- Re-verify insurance information via payers website or via telephone
- Document all pertinent demographic and insurance changes in practice management system as directed by internal policies and procedures.
- Notifies other pertinent COHMF staff regarding health care coverage changes for billing correction purposes.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience in a hospital, medical group or Independent Practice Association (IPA). Has thorough knowledge of HMO, PPO, POS coverage rules.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top