High Volume Transactions Supervisor, Gift Administration
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under general supervision of the Director of Gift Administration, in collaboration with the Manager
of Gift Administration, this position will assist with coordination/distribution of revenue processing for Philanthropy. Assist in planning, management and coordination of daily operational workflow with the department Manager to ensure all Philanthropy revenue is processed as defined in our Cash Handling policies and procedures. Ensure that all IRS guidelines, specific to receipting of donation, PCI compliance, specific to credit card transactions, and audit requirements are met.
Having sound knowledge of Gift Administrationâ€™s mandate, priorities and deadlines, manages a team of unionized staff through established procedures, Local 30 contract, work schedules and project time lines, including starting of Annual Evalâ€™s, specific to 4 Gift Admin Specialist with final approval coming from the department Manager.
This position will also serve as a back up to the Gift Administration Analyst, including collaboration to train, allocate, fully support Luminate and monitor the off-line Secure One transactions that pass to Luminate.
- Under supervisory guidance and direction from the Gift Admin Director; plan, manage and coordinates Philanthropy revenue processing into our fundraising system.
- Function as a resource to support staff through leadership, including monthly one / one meetings. Resolves issues that arise in the absence of the department Manager or Director.
- Ensures timely and through tracking of Gift Admin Specialist error within the Correction Log to capture metric to ensure we are at 0% error rate, but no more than 1%.
- Ensure timely distribution of the batches within the Gift Administration fundraising queue, fairly & equally among the specific Gift Administration Specialists, including the audit of batches delivered to the GA queue.
- Point of contact for all credit card processing within Gift Administration, including the task to ensure we are PCI compliant as defined in our cash handing procedures.
- Work closely with Gift Administration Manager, Gift Administration Analyst, and Director to develop and update departmental manuals, forms and other reports and documents as requested to facilitate implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive customer service image when dealing with internal/external staff, as well as donors.
- Identify, recommend and consult with management regarding procedural changes as necessary to improve workflow and fulfill reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Provide backup support as required, to Gift Administration Analyst and Manager.
- Work with Patient Financial Services and Corporate Accounting when managing patient transfers; specific to those received within Gift Administration or Patient Financial Services.
- Interface with external banking representative, in collaboration with the Gift Admin Supervisor, to ensure the accuracy of all donations generated through the daily lockbox transactions. Identifies, investigates, and reconciles Lockbox discrepancies to ensure all related development systems are in balance (Fundraising system to General Ledger)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in accounting or business administration.
- Proven work experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 2+ years experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills via telephone, e-mail, MS Communicator and other communication technologies.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Display tact/courtesy to employees.
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance. Excellent organizational skills.
- Alpha-Numeric filing
- Answer telephones
- Balance figures
- Input data into computer programs
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- 3 â€ 5 years in a Development environment utilizing Luminate and/or an enterprise-wide constituent relationship management system, highly preferred.
- Blackbaud CRM
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Occasional pressure due to deadline requirements.
- Subject to many interruptions
- Work evenings and weekends as needed
- Tobacco-free environment
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top