Gift Administration Operations Analyst
This position will fully support all tasks/ responsibilities within Gift Administration (approximately 175K revenue transaction each year, including constituent management) for the Office of Philanthropy and additional depositing for City of Hope (Medical Center/ Beckman Research Institute/ Medical Group/ Medical Foundation, etc.) and the various change funds on campus and Philanthropy Field Offices. This includes the day to day operation of revenue processing generated from the Luminate. Establishes and maintains a strong customer service relationship with Corporate Accounting, Treasury, and Philanthropy Field Offices, including those located within the Rivergrade Administration office.
Incumbent will work independently with high attention to detail to research, analyze, and summarize data from various reports that will represent department data and service level agreements (SLA). Identify areas of opportunity to streamline processing within Gift Administration while adhering to all Audit and IRS requirements. Must also be able to present the analytical findings and metrics to identify inefficiencies and propose recommendations. Will maintain all existing department procedures including new procedures as needed. Provide full support to Corporate Accounting with City of Hope’s annual audit preparation, specific to Philanthropy revenue transactions. Provide training or refresh training to Gift Administration Team and Philanthropy from time to time. This position will participate through all stages of project implementation including testing, go live and post go live training for the Gift Administration team.
Incumbent must have excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, as well as superior customer service. Lastly this position must demonstrate independent thinking, problem solving and requires minimal supervision.
This position will also serve as full back up to Gift Administrations Manager and Supervisor.
- Responsible for the support of all transactions entered via Luminate. Provide customer service to our internal customers (COH Philanthropy staff) specific to Luminate transactions and Blackbaud CRM (AccessHope) when necessary.
- Maintain data logs to generate monthly reports, specific to Return or Exception batches that reflect the issues that were encountered via AccessHope batch processing, specific to Philanthropy field offices and Rivergrade Philanthropy departments
- Support Gift Administration staff, coordinate online verification generated from all Luminate import batches including Web registration submitted by Philanthropy.
- Oversee the work of others within the GA Team through collaboration with the GA Manager and Supervisor by training, allocating and monitoring work processed.
- Prepare various reports and analysis as may be required by Gift Administration management, which include statistics on timeliness of data submission, errors, and general processing performance.
- Develop and publish GA monthly metrics via our fundraising system Blackbaud CRM (AccessHope) to identify staff productivity, inefficiencies, and service level agreements specific to our department.
- Will be responsible for maintaining, revising or creating all Gift Admin department procedures
- Train new and existing users within our Gift Admin team on Blackbaud CRM processing.
- Act as a lead with Corporate Accounting team in assisting with year-end external audit.
- Play a strong role in the implementation / enhancements of Blackbaud CRM, through testing, implementation and training and supporting our Gift Admin team.
- Require minimal supervision to manage daily activities, meeting all deadlines regardless of volume.
- Internal Contacts: Gift Administration staff, Field Offices, Los Angeles departments, National Events, ITS and Communications
- External Contacts: Third party Vendors (Secure One).
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, accounting, business administration, or computer science.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- At least 3 years in a fast paced transactional environment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills via telephone, e-mail, MS Communicator and other communications technologies.
- 1-2 years in a Development environment utilizing Luminate and/or an enterprise-wide constituent relationship management system, highly preferred.
- Various analytical computer software tools
- Various fundraising software (e.g. Blackbaud CRM, Luminate, etc.)
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top