Financial Analyst - ITS
Develops and maintains financial reporting records on all IT capital projects and IT operating & capital budget. Provides comprehensive analysis of committed and uncommitted expenditures for all capital expenses. Develops a process for regular, continual reconciliation of cost with Finance, Accounting, and Purchasing departments.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Provides financial analysis on all large IT projects as it relates to completion of project objectives. This includes spreadsheets or database reports pertaining to the project need.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems, analyze department needs and develop alternative financial tracking solutions commensurate with the need.
- Demonstrates extensive experience in all phases of financial tracking and reporting.
- Assists in the development of business case analyses, return on investment projections and capital and operating budgets for all new IT projects.
- Prepares budget and financial project reports for COH Boards on all large IT projects.
- Attends assigned meetings with department user groups and hospital leadership regarding financial reporting of projects.
- Represents the City of Hope in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates attitude of cooperation and professionalism.
- Meets regularly with Senior IT Project Managers, IT Directors, Chief Information Officer, and VP of Finance to review the financial status and strategies for IT projects.
- Interacts effectively both inter and intra-departmentally on a regular basis for financial reconciliation and coordination.
- Monitors all large IT projects with consideration for financial profiling, creating project cost estimates, and cash flow projections. Provides appropriate communications.
- Monitors all project expenditures to the approved Capital Expenditure Authorization (CEA) budgeted amount and to individual contractor contract amounts.
- Provide early notification to CIO and PMO regarding potential variances or when amounts require adjustment.
- Provides assistance in defining projected costs in Business Case and other planning documentation
- Works with IT Directors and CIO in the development of ITS’ annual operating budget and with on-going actual to budget reporting.
- Develop and implement processes via the ITS Project management office in order to implement appropriate financial controls (and reporting) across the ITS department
- Maintains professional growth and development and keeps abreast of latest trends in area of expertise. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends required continuing education courses related to area of specialization to remain current in the field.
- Readily adapts to or suggests new methods.
- Demonstrates accurate knowledge of relevant accounting principles, laws, policies, regulations and standards affecting decisions and interpretations. Is alert to changes in regulations and responds immediately to meet them.
- Seeks opportunities to expand knowledge base.
- Prepares and maintains equipment leasing documentation and ensures timely review of all leasing contracts.
- Assists in the financial analysis of comparative IT vendor and equipment purchase decisions.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
3-4 years’ experience in finance, project and budget management with a focus on Capital and Operating expense management.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Demonstrated proficiency in creating and managing spreadsheets and/or databases involving interaction at many levels of management. Experience in presentation development and communications.
Excel, Access, MS Office required. Microsoft Project preferred
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top