Facilities Mechanic II
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under minimal supervision, performs a wide variety of routine repair, maintenance, fabrication and installation on structures, buildings, machinery, equipment, instrumentation, furnishings, electrical, mechanical or computerized systems as assigned by Engineering supervision and management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides services normally performed by these Engineering Trades: Carpentry, Electrical, Lock, Paint, Plumbing, Preventive Maintenance, Maintenance Routine/Rounds (MR.R.).
- Provides lead role or assistance to Engineering shops as necessary to complete work projects on schedule.
- Installs and repairs equipment according to applicable building and safety codes.
- Operates power, electrical and machine tools and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Selects appropriate materials for assigned work and projects.
- Completes related work with CMMS and other related documentation as necessary.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School Diploma. College or Trade school preferred.
- 3 or more years crafts experience, which may include: carpentry, electricity, painting, automotive mechanics, maintenance rounds and record keeping.
- Current CA driver's license and a good driving record. Two or more trade certification preferred.
- Certification or demonstrated proficiency in 2 or more of the following trades: carpentry, painting, automotive mechanics, and maintenance rounds. May include HVAC, electrical, autoclave, plumbing, locksmith, emergency response.
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
Back to top