Facilities Mechanic II
Requisition ID: 9885
Job Title: Facilities Mechanic II
Make a difference, get noticed and build a highly rewarding career. In this collaborative role, you will be responsible for routine repair, maintenance, fabrication and installation, including electrical and general maintenance for hospital and research facilities. You will provide services in Electrical Engineering, preventative maintenance and routine maintenance rounds. And, provide assistance to other engineers to assist in completing projects on schedule.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Maintenance Engineer with more than three years experience in a facilities environment, preferably in a healthcare or pharmacy/laboratory environment.
- This position requires a journeyman level background (completed apprenticeship program) in plumbing electricity, painting, carpentry or HVAC.
- Certification and a demonstrated proficiency in 2 or more trades is strongly preferred for this position.
- You must have a well-rounded background that may include experience with electricity, carpentry, dry wall, painting, air conditioning and general maintenance.
- Because we are a technology-driven organization, the selected candidate must also be tech savvy with strong computer skills and a positive attitude toward technology applications.
- Required licensure/certification for this position is a current California driver's license and a good driving record.
- Demonstrated proficiency or trade certification with multiple trades strongly preferred.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Associates degree
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationÃ¢&tm;s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top