Experienced RN Training Program - June 26, 2017 City of Hope / Vizient™ RN Residency Program
Experienced RN Training Program
City of Hope / Vizient™ RN Residency Program for Experienced Registered Nurses
(Starts Monday, June 26, 2017)
Thank you for submitting your application.
Please read the entire posting below prior to submitting your application. A current resume will be required to download into your application. On your resume, please list all of your RN experience with the hospital, unit/type of patients and if you worked full-time, part-time or per diem along with the shift.
Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for our upcoming June 26, 2017 Vizient RN Residency Program for Experienced Registered Nurses only.
City of Hope offers an RN Residency Program. The program includes a 14-week classroom / didactic training, precepted learning with an oncology RN on the unit, and the Vizient™ RN Residency program. This part of the program is delivered as 4-hour monthly sessions over the course of the first year. The Residency includes customized training and competency validation in chemotherapy / biotherapy administration and training in hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT).
The program starts Monday, June 26, 2017 Available units include Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology/Telemetry, Surgical Oncology/Telemetry, Medical-Surgical, Medical-Surgical/Telemetry, Hematology, Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (Bone Marrow Transplantation), Pediatric Hematology / Oncology, and Intensive Care Unit.
Full-time 12-hour night shifts are available.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS through the American Heart Association required for some units (Medical Oncology/Telemetry, Surgical Oncology/Telemetry, and Medical-Surgical/Telemetry).
- RNs with one to two years of acute care experience (no new grad RN applications will be considered).
Application Process Details:
- Applications will be accepted online from February 3, 2017 until the program is filled.
- All candidates that meet the minimum qualifications are reviewed for consideration.
- Nurse Recruiter will contact candidate directly if considered and schedule a phone interview.
- Please have a current resume ready to download prior to starting the application process. Please do not download a cover letter as our application system will only accept one document. Please verify that only your resume has downloaded into the application before submitting. Please complete all components of the application instead of parsing your resume information into the application.
- Please check your “spam” or “junk” e-mails as our communication will frequently go into one of these e-mail accounts.
- You will be designated to a specific unit once you begin the interview process.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and is guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. For more information about City of Hope, view our Tweet Chat videos on YouTube and type in #NursesForHope.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top