Executive Director, Organizational Change Navigation
Job Title: Executive Director, Organizational Change Navigation
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is one of the worldâ€™s leading comprehensive cancer treatment and research facilities. Our mission is focused on transforming the future of health, turning science into practical benefits, and hope into a reality. Our vision puts City of Hope at the center of eliminating cancer and diabetes, and through integrated networks of scientific innovation and deeply personalized care, we strive to bring tomorrowâ€™s discoveries to the people who need them today.
City of Hope has established the Office of Transformation, which is designed to lift the organization to realize its vision by partnering with leaders across the enterprise to drive and support our most important strategic priorities and key initiatives, as well as deliver an organizational culture of speed, focus, connectedness and enterprise. This team supports activities such as organizational strategy, operating model design, journey and change support, process improvement, strategic planning, and performance management.
The role of the Executive Director, Organizational Change Management & Navigation will be responsible for leading the Transformation Officeâ€™s efforts in the areas of Journey & Change Navigation; and Organization Strategy, Operating Model & Design. The individual who fills this role will blend his/her expertise and passion for organization strategy and transformational change to design and support our enterprise transformation journey, enable our leaders at all levels to be organization strategists and transformational change leaders, and equip the organization with a consistent philosophy, methods and tools to manage change and achieve agility as an organization over time.
The successful candidate has a proven track record of large-scale, complex change initiatives and understands the importance of navigating change at speed to yield meaningful value across a diverse matrix of external partners, clinicians and administrative stakeholders, as well as driving cultural change.
The characteristics of a strong Executive Director, Organizational Change Management & Navigation include:
- Deep expertise in organizational strategy, operating model work, and change management
- Passion for our Mission and Vision and the possibilities ahead
- A proven track record in engaging, aligning, and facilitating strong change leaders among C-Suite, as well as senior and faculty leaders
- Understanding of the strategic direction of the enterprise and the strategic direction and goals of the office
- Ability to translate complex problems into clear roadmaps and plans to achieve the desired outcome
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility, and work effectively with all levels of the enterprise, including clinicians, researchers, executives and staff
- Understanding of the behavioral, cultural and other impacts of change processes on people
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to coach and influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexibility and adaptability, and ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong organizational skills, with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Knowledge and experience applying change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Ability to lead complex, organizational design and operating model programs where stakeholder buy-in is critical
- Support strategy and facilitate alignment and integration of the transformation agenda and critical initiatives
- Assess change impact and readiness at all levels and design mitigations to ensure capability and capacity to absorb, adopt, and sustain change successfully
- Partner with HR to develop talent strategies and learning plans to enable change readiness, adoption, and sustained change
- Facilitate alignment on change path among leaders, provide change leadership coaching, and establish effective change management networks and accountabilities
- Assess stakeholder alignment to create and execute stakeholder engagement strategy and change management plans to promote awareness, buy-in, and commitment of change
- Assess, measure, and track change and cultural progression; develop change strategies and mitigations to reduce resistance to change
- Partner with Communications to ensure consistent messaging and provide a bi-directional conduit for information flow, feedback and influence across the enterprise
- Build organizational capability by establishing consistent methodology, models, frameworks, tools, and partnering directly with leadership, HR professionals, and key partners to enhance transformational change capability and capacity across the enterprise
- Create relationships with key leaders, and with People & Enterprise Transformation and other Vertical partners, and build trust and credibility within the organization
- Scope projects, manage teams, and complete operating model/organizational strategy projects designed to enhance the organization
- Manage and coach resources assigned
- Manage multiple projects from inception to completion
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree
- 10+ years of experience of leading dynamic teams
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Top-tier MBA preferred
- Health Care and/or Research experience in an academic model preferred
- Top-tier consulting firm experience preferred
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Project management and change management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use PowerPoint and other technology to tell compelling stories
- Strong analytical skills, including problem solving and root cause identification
- Excellent active listening skills
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top