Executive Assistant, VP Officer
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Performs advanced, diversified, confidential and highly responsible professional secretarial & administrative services in support of anExecutive Officer. Work assignments are complex in nature where considerable judgment, tact, creativity & initiative are required in resolving problems. Exercises frequent independent judgment, makes administrative decisions (within agreed upon limitations) and takes action on behalf of executive based on knowledge of organization policies, practices, personnel & corporate activities.
- Uses discretionary initiative and judgment in handling sensitive & confidential details, establishing priorities and resolving problems relating to day to day operations & administrative details.
- Serves as a liaison between executives, managers & visitors as required. Researches and fulfills information requests from internal & external business contacts.
- Resolves routine and complex inquiries and problems requiring in-depth knowledge of organizational, divisional and departmental policies, procedures & projects in progress.
- Uses judgment in handling telephone calls & appointment requests for executive; routes to others as appropriate.
- Schedules & maintains calendar of appointments, meetings & travel itineraries. Coordinates related arrangements.
- Assists executive in maintaining & keeping scheduled appointments, meetings, etc.
- Independently prepares & distributes minutes of meetings. Initiates follow-up on items discussed in meetings.
- Opens, reads and prioritizes incoming mail. Gathers background information for executive to reply to issues posed in correspondence and other queries. Routes & answers all correspondence not requiring executive's attention.
- Initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence, memoranda and presentations. Drafts correspondence for executive's final approval.
- Provide visibility of total responsible contracts, assist in review and executing existing and new contracts; ensuring accurate and timely payment.
- Coordinate comprehensive recruiting for key department roles and ensuring seamless on-boarding, transition and termination.
- Compiles, computes, summarizes & analyzes data for special reports.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes special projects.
- Takes and transcribes dictation of a complex and confidential nature.
- Has regular exposure to highly confidential information & files.
- Utilizes assistance of one or more lower level secretarial or clerical employees on a reporting or project basis.
- 2 years Post High School Trade, Business or Professional School
- 5 years of experience in administrative & secretarial support at an executive level.
- Demonstrated administrative and secretarial skills & versatility in use of PCs and related office software
- Must be proficient in MSOffice Suite
- Excellent verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and follow through skills
- Displays tact/consideration in dealing with City of Hope patients and employees
- Ability to maintain a high level of Confidentiality
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated experience utilizing PeopleSoft
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top