EPMO Project Manager
The Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives will support the development and implementation of the key strategic initiatives flowing through the EPMO.
Main Responsibilities Includes:
- Directly leads the project management of a specific initiative or a set of initiatives, as determined by the priority and/or overall strategic impact of the initiative
- Works closely with Operational resources to ensure metric and milestone achievement
- Supports Operations in their direct leadership of initiatives (e.g. serves as a consultative resource to aide the business in project management application in order to ensure equal metric and milestone achievement for initiatives that are not fully resourced by the EPMO)
- Create and execute project workstream work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and provide guidance, direction and support to line resources in order to ensure effective outcomes are achieved.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project workstream and scope.
- Review deliverables prepared by team.
- Effectively apply sound project management methodology and enforce project standards to foster adoption
- Minimize exposure and risk on project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in project management.
- Prior experience demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key stakeholders.
- Superior project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Employs tact and discretion and is motivated, self-directed, confident and a self-starter.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Portfolio management systems
- MS Project
- PMP Certification
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top