EPMO Project Analyst
The Project Analyst, Strategic Initiatives will support the development and implementation of the key strategic initiatives flowing through the EPMO. This position will:
- Provides required analysis for both EPMO led and Operations led initiatives
- Required to identify benchmark data and position that data in a meaningful way that supports the initiative they’re aligned to. Data presentation should be relevant for specific target audience (i.e. SLT level will be different than ET)
- Provides support for metric and milestone identification and reporting – may include support in creating the ET update
- Support development and maintenance of program schedules, defining and developing key project plan tasks and milestones and tracking and execution against those activities
- Provide administrative tasks such as scheduling and facilitating meetings with numerous participants, prepare meetings materials, and record actions and changes to project plans, and tracking and responding to action items
- Assist in preparation of project plans under direction of Project Manager and/or Portfolio Manager; contribute to numerous project teams; help define project objectives and activities
- Assist in supporting the development, coordination, and implementation of strategies and facilitate cross-functional collaboration to structure and execute key strategic initiatives.
- Support the preparation and development of presentation materials
- Communicate project status through status reporting and dashboards
- Participate and support to meet specified project dates deadlines and requirements
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Support Project Management Staff related to the development and implementation of key fiscal year strategic initiatives. Provides administrative and project support.
- Turns data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports. Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Coordinates the preparation of internal and external reports through gathering, analyzing, and summarizing data and information from various sources. Develops and maintains dashboards that will measure and report status outcomes and potential risks.
- Schedules and effectively facilitates regular status meetings with project team and communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Keeps track of action items and follows up to completion. Responsible for all note taking, action items and administrative tasks associated with assigned project at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Supports the development of strategic data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources.
- Supports and owns specific tasks for communications and employee engagement related to the Strategic Plan and fiscal year strategic priorities
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Bachelor required
- 2-5years experience in analysis and/ or project coordination; prefer project management experience
- Prior experience demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills
- Masters (preferably MHA, MPH or MBA)
- Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Portfolio management systems
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key stakeholders.
- Superior project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Employs tact and discretion and is motivated, self-directed, confident and a self-starter.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top