EPIC Reporting Analyst (EPIC Certification: Cogito, Clarity Data Model, Radar, or Reporting Workbench)
- Duarte, CA
Thanks you for your interest. Please note the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Position Summary :
The Senior Epic Reporting Analyst, reporting to the Director of Epic Reporting and Analytics, is an experienced professional with a passion for data analysis and problem solving. As a member of this team you will partner with stake holders from across the organization to develop tools that provide meaningful insights to complex operational dynamics.
- Deliver analytics solutions leveraging the appropriate Business Intelligence tools including Clarity, Caboodle, Radar, and Reporting Workbench while providing meaningful analysis of the data therein.
- Partner with subject matter experts and domain analysts to develop and improve Epic Radar dashboards.
- Create, validate, and maintain Epic Registries
- Superior ability to work with reporting customers to understand and document complex reporting needs and coordinate all issues that arise during projects.
- Stay informed about Business Intelligence industry trends, technologies and best
- Gather and analyze business requirements to perform data modeling and mapping across multiple platforms for enterprise wide BI initiatives.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree - preferably in computer science, business administration, finance, healthcare administration or related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3+ years healthcare experience in a technical, clinical or revenue cycle operations role and 3-5 years of SQL Server experience.
- Epic certified Cogito Business Intelligence Developer or two or more relevant Epic certifications such as Clarity Data Model and Radar or Reporting Workbench.
- Experience in a health care, biomedical research and / or academic medical setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing data to derive business insights and support performance improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in the collection, classification, dissemination, integration and visualization of complex information
- Present complex information in a logical and understandable format to a wide variety of audiences.
- Translate business requirements into technical and functional specifications. Design, develop and test deliverables based on specifications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative thinker that can turn ideas in to solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and lead small project / performance improvement teams if necessary.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix environment.
Back to top